Thursday, November 6, 2008


Paula Dean Cheeseburger Meat Loaf


I am always on the search for that signature super amazing meatloaf recipe, ya know cause meatloaf has a stigma...so I found this one by none other than Paula Dean. I thought to myself-she has her own show, this can't be bad, and it wasn't. My husband totally loved it. My daughter actually ate some of it too. I cooked up my new favorite carrot recipe, mashed potatoes and milk grave with it and it was so yummy. So anyway here is the recipe.
Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Ingredients
1 pound ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink
***instead of making one big loaf I made mini loaves and froze some after cooking. If you chose to do this use high quality tin foil and wrap each meat loaf individually and then store in a labeled plastic freezer bag.
As a little bonus here is the carrot recipe..it really is yummy
Carrots with Dried Cherries
Ingredients
5 carrots, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dried cherries
Directions

Bring one inch of water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the honey until dissolved. Add the cherries and simmer over low heat for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in carrots until completely coated.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is my favorite meatloaf recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pan-fried-meatloaf-in-tricolor-peppers-recipe/index.html

Instead of a large can of tomatoes, I use one can of tomatoes and one can of mexican spiced tomatoes....or you could chop like six of your own and mix in a chopped chile. I also am heavy on the two sauces. The peppers and the frying make it fabulous!

Just me said...

That looks so good! I'm definitely going to have to try your carrots recipe! My kids love carrots and I think they'd really enjoy this recipe:) Thank you for sharing.

I really like your blog! I found it at The Mom Blogs.