Monday, October 20, 2008


Yummy Tortellini Salad
So last week I get a note home from Kennedy's teacher that there will be a PASTA PARTY in her class. She is bringing spaghetti and the teachers aide is bringing Alfredo, so I get stressed...what kind of pasta can I make...I have to make something good...then I remembered this little number. Kennedy loves tortellinni, and this will be a new and friendly taste for the kids.


This is really not a make ahead meal but it was yummy and a lot of people asked me for the recipe..so I am posting it.
Tortellini Salad
16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. In a jar, combine vinegar, olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon juice. Seal, and shake until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. In a large bowl combine, tortellini, peppers, onion, and olives. Pour lemon dressing over salad, and toss to coat pasta. Cover, and chill for at least four hours. Before serving, toss in feta and Parmesan.
The Verdict:
It was very well received with most of the kids. Although they did pick out the veggies. All her teachers asked for the recipe and raved. We also had the remainder of it for dinner and it was all eaten. We all loved it..so go run! make this. IT is YUMMY!

1 comment:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi! How are you? I'm Debbie. I love finding new recipes! Food and family are two of my passions. Please stop by soon!